Coaching Consult Tips
Here are some tips to prepare you for your sessions. These tips will also help you take full advantage of the Consultation Outline we provide.
Before your Consult
- Session Outline: This should be used as the guidelines for our sessions, not as rules – the best sessions happen while you lead your sessions.
- Consult Preparations: In my attempt to be of most value to you during our consult times, and in your attempt to be the most present, please come to your meeting prepared with pen and paper or laptop (for taking notes only), comfortable chair, large glass of water and in a quiet, comfortable area. Please remember to be prompt and call me at the time we’ve arranged each week.
- Handouts: These may be emailed to you in a PDF format, or if meeting in person, printed out ahead of time and given to you at the end of the session. If you are putting them into a binder, as I would suggest, you may want to three-hole punch the handouts for their convenience.
- Visual Aids: There may be times during our coaching consultations that we decide to do something different and consider using Skype, oVoo or Zoom for one or more consults. It’s just an easy way to make our time together more fun and memorable.
- Giveaways: From time to time I offer giveaways to my clients. It all really depends upon you as a client, your location, your need and how helpful specific giveaways are to your situation. Giveaways are usually my way of offering more value to you and simply saying thank you for trusting me to help you create the goals you want to live a happier and healthier life.
During your Consult
- Consult Duration: The amount of time we use for our session is just a little flexible. I prefer to hold 50 minute meetings and offer 5 minutes of Q&A. If for some reason you find that you need more time, you always have 15 minutes each week for email correspondence or we can add in an extra consultation via the payment page.
- Note taking: No one can keep everything they see, hear and do in their heads. For this reason, I always encourage you to take good notes. If you would like our consult times to be recorded, I’m happy to provide that service to you and send you a replay. For some, this way works best so they can listen again and take notes.
- Recommendations: My family is the first to admit that I’m an ideas person. You will always walk away from a consultation with at least 2 tips, tricks, hacks or tools geared to help you break through a problem or concern into manageable pieces so you can work more effectively toward your goal(s).
After your consult
- Follow-up: I try hard at the end of each consult to get my notes in order and send out an email with a brief outline of what we discussed and the goals you agreed to work toward. This email will also contain any recommendations or resources that were discussed during our time together.
- More Questions? Don’t forget that you can contact me via email with any questions you may have regarding our client consults. You also have a 15 minute emergency call each month to use if needed.
- Your commitment: If you truly desire to create change in your lifestyle, you must first commit to yourself, then to any and all processes we walk through and to discovery of new, more positive habits that pave your way to mastering you life goals….whether it’s to lose weight, get organized, eat healthier or live happier. YOU are in charge of your future happiness, and I am here to help you get there one degree at a time.