Coaching Consult Tips
I’m so glad to be part of your support team! I know how scary a coaching or consulting session can be. “Will I be asked a bunch of personal questions? Will she tell me I can’t do this or have to do that? ” So let me assure you that we will get somewhat personal about your past. But your habits from earlier years has shaped there person you are today. From there we learn what motivates some decisions you make daily.
Will I tell you that you that you can’t do certain things or eat certain foods? No. You are always in the driver seat, learning what drives your motivation and what roadblocks interfere with you achieving your goals. I want to share with you some tips to help you better prepare you for your sessions. These tips will also help you take full advantage of the Consultation Outline we provide.
Before your consulting sessions:
- Session Outline: This should be used as the guidelines for our sessions, not as rules – the best sessions happen while you lead them.
- Consult Preparations: In my attempt to be of most value to you during our consult times, and in your attempt to be the most present, please come to your meeting prepared with pen and paper or laptop (for taking notes only), comfortable chair, large glass of water and in a quiet, comfortable area. Please remember to be prompt and call me at the time we’ve arranged each week.
- Handouts: These may be emailed to you in a PDF format, or if meeting in person, printed out ahead of time and given to you at the end of the session. If you are putting them into a binder, as I would suggest, you may want to three-hole punch the handouts for their convenience.
- Visual Aids: There may be times during our coaching consultations that we decide to do something different and consider using Skype, oVoo or Zoom for one or more consults. It’s just an easy way to make our time together more fun and memorable.
- Giveaways: From time to time I offer giveaways to my clients. It all really depends upon you as a client, your location, your need and how helpful specific giveaways are to your situation. Giveaways are usually my way of offering more value to you and simply saying thank you for trusting me to help you create the goals you want to live a happier and healthier life.
During your consulting sessions:
- Consult Duration: The amount of time we use for our session is just a little flexible. I prefer to hold 50 minute meetings and offer 5 minutes of Q&A. If for some reason you find that you need more time, you always have 15 minutes each week for email correspondence or we can add in an extra consultation via the payment page.
- Note taking: No one can keep everything they see, hear and do in their heads. For this reason, I always encourage you to take good notes. If you would like our consult times to be recorded, I’m happy to provide that service to you and send you a replay. For some, this way works best so they can listen again and take notes.
- Recommendations: My family is the first to admit that I’m an ideas person. You will always walk away from a consultation with at least 2 tips, tricks, hacks or tools geared to help you break through a problem or concern into manageable pieces so you can work more effectively toward your goal(s).
After your consulting sessions:
- Follow-up: I try hard at the end of each consult to get my notes in order and send out an email with a brief outline of what we discussed and the goals you agreed to work toward. This email will also contain any recommendations or resources that were discussed during our time together.
- More Questions? Don’t forget that you can contact me via email with any questions you may have regarding our client consults. You also have a 15 minute emergency call each month to use if needed.
- Your commitment: If you truly desire to create change in your lifestyle, you must first commit to yourself, then to any and all processes we walk through and to discovery of new, more positive habits that pave your way to mastering you life goals….whether it’s to lose weight, get organized, eat healthier or live happier. YOU are in charge of your future happiness, and I am here to help you get there one degree at a time.
Cathy lives in Roanoke, Virginia and specializes in supporting families who desire to change their relationship with health–the way they eat, feel and live. She is a certified Health Coach & Educator with a strong passion for supporting each client in their journey to feel stronger, healthier, and more energetic. Cathy presents workshops online and locally and regularly talks about real food, fitness, natural living, and all things ADHD.
Cathy is the creator of the Holistic Wellness Academy, an online training platform that will soon provide other wellness advocates a place to share their expertise with their clients so they too can learn how to eat smart, move more, feel better and live longer.