What is Nutritional Well Being?
Nutritional well being – No. 1 of our 5 elements
Our first element for attaining optimum health is nutritional well being. Within this element, we focus on the importance of what you put on the end of your fork. We also understand how busy the average person is today! So, we do everything we can to ensure that planning, shopping, and meal preparation is fast, nutritional, intentional, and most of all enjoyable for the whole family.
More and more information is coming to light about the importance food plays in overall health. Food will either heal and provide energy or drain the body and cause illness. The good news is that every small improvement that you make in your diet will impact your health in big ways! It has been proven time and time again; those people who take control over their own health, notice how much better they feel and enjoy the energy they never realized they had! We want you to experience this too by eating real food and less processed (fake) food.
What is REAL food?
Real food nourishes the body and brain. Real food doesn’t come in packages with long ingredient lists and a number of words you can’t pronounce. It is simply food that hasn’t been modified or enhanced with chemicals, colorings, additives and preservatives. Michael Pollan said it so well when he said, “If it grew on a plant, eat it. If it was made in a plant, don’t.”
At One Degree Forward, we want you reconnect with real food again. You will explore what a whole food, plant-based approach to eating is–you know–the real foods your great-grandparents used to eat before everything became convenient and processed. We’ll share lots of simple, quick and nutritious recipes and even help you optimize the recipes you already love and enjoy. The best thing is, you can eat as much of these foods as you want! Plant-based foods are full of healthy fiber, nutrients and protein, not unhealthy processed and refined flours, sugars and fats.
Our goal is to help you explore a world of magnificent, delicious foods that are as close to nature in their natural forms. Foods that fill your gut and give you the nutrients needed to help you fight off infection and even reverse disease. You read that right. You CAN REVERSE DISEASE when you start eating whole foods that are plant-based.
Why is this element part of our Healthy Lifestyle Plan?
A healthy brain and body are achieved by making healthier food choices. We understand how difficult it can be to know what’s good and what’s bad with all of the conflicting information bombarding us every day. But your body actually knows what it needs and it is a very good guide when you increase your awareness of its signals.
- We know how difficult it can be to navigate through all the fad diets, recipe books, and grocery store’s overwhelming shelf displays. This is why we offer grocery store tours. We help you learn how to read labels and chose healthier options.
- Then we take you even further and demonstrate how to cook healthy plant-based meals and maximize your time and your money. After all, food not only needs to taste good, but preparation time also has to fit into your busy schedule! You will learn all about the Four P’s to make meal planning an enjoyable experience instead of a dreaded one!
- Your gut is known as your second brain. Most people’s gut struggles to digest all of the processed and “fast food” that people eat today. Your digestive tract is trying to break down ingredients that aren’t found in nature. It’s no wonder you feel sluggish and lack the energy you should naturally have. We will help you reverse the damage caused by eating low-quality, processed foods while you learn to eat real foods.
- Food manufacturers know that certain foods are addictive, so they use this knowledge to lure you in and get you hooked. Cravings can be a big problem for some people, but we will show you how to conquer them! You will learn which foods are most addictive, how stress increases appetite, how emotions cause you to make poor choices and how important planning and community support are in your healthy lifestyle plans.
As you can see, there is a lot of reason why food is our primary focus in the area of Nutritional well being:
Meal Planning / Shopping
When it comes to your nutritional well being, how would you answer the following questions?
- Do you need help planning, shopping or preparing meals in order to improve your health?
- Do you feel confident preparing healthier meals for you or your family?
- Do you experience bloating, stomach pain, acid reflux or other digestive problems that processed and commercially-made foods cause?
- Do you know why you crave certain foods and how you can decode and conquer those cravings?